The revolutionary Half Keyboard allows you type with just one hand, using your existing skills.
Now your other hand is always free when you need it…
The ultra-compact Half Keyboard is a one-handed version of the standard desktop keyboard. It uses full-size, high-quality laptop-style keys for excellent typing comfort and speed.
The Half Keyboard's sleek, minimal design makes a great addition to your regular keyboard, or a really cool replacement that uses very little desk space.
How does it work?
Typing with one hand is a lot like typing with two hands...
1. Place your hand on the keyboard, in the standard position.
2. The letters under your hand are exactly the sameas on a regular keyboard. You already know how to type them – no learning required!
3. For the other half of the keyboard, you need to hold down the space bar. When you hold down the space bar, the keys under your handchange to the other half of the keyboard.
4. To type a space, just tap the space bar.
5. That’s all there is to it! It’s just like regular typing, except you hold down the space bar to get the other half of the keyboard.
How fast can I type?
With practice, up to 88% as fast as your two-handed speed. The current speed record is 64 words-per-minute!
How fast can I learn it?
If you’ve never learned to type before, you can learn one-handed typing in the same time – and at the same time – as two-handed typing. If you’re already a touch-typist, you can learn one-handed typing in a matter of minutes, with little or no retraining.
Why is it so easy to learn?
The finger used to type each letter is the same finger that's used in normal touch typing – That's why you can learn it so quickly. It's uncanny, but your brain quite naturally understands that a key that you would normally type with the index finger of one hand can be typed with the index finger of the other hand.
You're using the same finger movements that you already learned for touch-typing, except now, you're only using one hand to do them. To try it out for yourself, download the software demo from this page.